Bacon Banana Almond Butter Donuts

Clearly I feel the need to shower you guys with dessert recipes after lambasting you all with organ meat for a week.  Well, actually, since these donuts have bacon and fruit in them, they’re a well-balanced breakfast, right?

Pretty sure this is the flavor combination of the century…a little sweet, a little savory, and a lotta bacon.  And bacon is life.  Although I’ll admit my frosting-to-donut ratio miiiiight be a little skewed in the wrong direction.

You know, because if you have it for breakfast it doesn’t count as a dessert.  Fact.

1/2 t Baking Soda

1 t Cinnamon

1/2 c Almond Butter

1 Mashed Banana

2 T Raw Honey

1 T Vanilla

2 Thick Slices Bacon, cooked and diced

Combine the coconut flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.

With an electric mixer, cream the almond butter, banana, vanilla, and honey.  Add the eggs one by one until well blended.  Bit by bit, add the dry ingredients and beat until fluffy.  Fold in the bacon bits.

Spoon batter into a greased donut pan (bonus if you use bacon grease!!).  Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

**Cinnamon Frosting recipe courtesy of The Food Lovers’ Primal Palate**

1 c Palm Shortening

2 T Raw Honey

1 1/2 T Vanilla

2 t Cinnamon

Beat all ingredients together until smooth.  Frost cooled donuts.  Devour.

19 Comments on Bacon Banana Almond Butter Donuts

1. theprimalsexy
    July 13, 2012 at 6:45 am (2 years ago)

Has there ever been a more perfect combination of flavors? I don’t think so.

2. Cj
    July 13, 2012 at 9:34 am (2 years ago)

holy balls. this needs to happen in my kitchen soon!

3. Lorin
    July 13, 2012 at 2:10 pm (2 years ago)

How many donuts did this recipe make for you?

July 13, 2012 at 10:10 pm (2 years ago)

It filled up my donut pan, which had 6 donuts.

4. Anonymous
    July 14, 2012 at 10:34 pm (2 years ago)

Is there a good substitute for palm shortening in the frosting?

July 15, 2012 at 10:03 am (2 years ago)

You can try butter if you’re OK with it or even coconut oil. I also like coconut cream (the stuff you skim off the top of the can of coconut milk).

5. Anonymous
    July 20, 2012 at 11:13 am (2 years ago)

didn’t have a donut tin, so made little muffins baked at 300*F for about 25 minutes. they were incredible! this is the only paleo recipe my super-picky of an eater little brother has 1. willingly tried and 2. liked! he’s even asking for seconds! (: thanks for sharing!!

July 22, 2012 at 7:57 am (2 years ago)

Awesome! I need to try them in muffin form…thanks for the tip!

6. Alex
    July 23, 2012 at 10:38 am (2 years ago)

I’m pretty sure you’re a dessert genius. Cue drool!

7. joli
    August 10, 2012 at 10:08 am (2 years ago)

And i was just thinking “what kind of awesome, and different, breakfast could i make this sunday?” Thank You For This!

8. sarahbeth75
    January 21, 2013 at 1:55 pm (2 years ago)

I know this comes a little late but I am just getting into Paleo for health reasons and my sweet tooth is sky high!! But bananas is a big NONO! I have migraines and that sets them off big time. Does anyone have a suggestion for a substitution??? This looks awesome and breakfast ideas are scarce. Eggs are getting boring too. lol Thanks ahead of time!

9. Shawnte
    April 26, 2013 at 1:08 am (1 year ago)

@Sarahbeth75 Banana substitute squash,sweet potato, pumpkin hope that helps!

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Bacon Banana Almond Butter Donuts

1. [...] diet. For others, it won’t be the type of food that’s the problem, but the amount – more bacon banana almond butter donuts just become far more tempting in the midst of winter, as does a hot plate of seconds of whatever [...]

2. [...] Waffles from Rising Moon Food Maple and Chocolate Bacon Crunch Ice Cream from South Beach Primal Bacon Banana Almond Butter Doughnuts from [...]