The Best Effing Protein Pancakes I’ve Ever Had

Oh yeah, I’m 110% serious.

So this morning I fell out of the sky right on my ass and now it’s broken.  Well, to be fair I jumped out of a helicopter completely on my own accord.  And my ass is not broken, but bruised badly and it hurts to sit, run, bend over…you name it.  This is not good.  In fact, it sucks real bad.

But you know what makes everything better?  Motherf*cking pancakes, that’s what.

1 Very Ripe Banana

1 Egg (or 2 egg whites)

1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder

1 T Ground Flax

1/4 t Vanilla

Mash the banana and beat the egg, protein powder, flax, and vanilla to make a batter.

Cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes on one side till browned, then flip and repeat.  This recipe makes 3 big pancakes.

Top with almond butter or fruit.

**Nutrition Facts**

Calories:  284

Fat:  5.5 g

Protein:  30 g

Carbohydrate:  35 g

37 Comments on The Best Effing Protein Pancakes I’ve Ever Had

1. GiGi Eats Celebrities
    August 26, 2012 at 7:18 pm (2 years ago)

PERHAPS this will be the best EFFING protein pancake I will ever have too…. ALTHOUGH, I just wrote a guest post to my friend’s blog about my amazing protein pancake, so these two may have to battle it out!! Ha Ha! Sorry bout your ass! Been there, well not jumping outta the plane, but I slammed my ass a few too many times on the half pipe… it’s permanently purple, it’s quite a turn on to the gentlemen out there, lol.

August 26, 2012 at 7:38 pm (2 years ago)

I want your recipe! I’m a pancake fiend!!

• GiGi Eats Celebrities
        August 26, 2012 at 8:39 pm (2 years ago)

Oh I will post a link to my guest post when it goes up, don’t you worry! :)

2. Aimee
    August 28, 2012 at 10:25 am (2 years ago)

What if you don’t have protein powder?

August 28, 2012 at 1:34 pm (2 years ago)

A tablespoon of coconut flour would probably work!

3. JuliDen
    September 13, 2012 at 10:29 am (2 years ago)

I just made the pancakes and they are the best friggin paleo pancakes. I used beverly international UMP vanilla protein. I love banana pancakes so these are perfect. Lots of banana texture. I dig your style! Especially the parts about Paleo, Crossfit, Officering and helicopters! Great blog!

And was that nutrition information for just one of the three pancakes cuz I’m about to finish the whole batch right now.

September 13, 2012 at 12:58 pm (2 years ago)

Nope…WHOLE batch :-)

4. Paula
    September 23, 2012 at 12:02 pm (2 years ago)

What protein powder do you use? This has been one of the hardest things for me after going Paleo because I loved making my shakes with Vanilla UMP but so far I haven’t been able to find anything remotely Paleo when it comes to Protein Powders.

September 23, 2012 at 8:20 pm (2 years ago)

I LOVE Simply Pure Nutrients Pro3 Synergy

5. Rachel B - Busy Mama
    November 9, 2012 at 12:36 pm (2 years ago)

Holy crap, I’m so making these. Except I am all out of vanilla so they’re going to have to be chocolate protein pancakes… OH! I could add some cocoa powder and top them with some almond butter and.. Eff – this girl is getting her griddle on ASAP eff

November 9, 2012 at 1:04 pm (2 years ago)

MMMMMMMM chocolate!

November 9, 2012 at 4:22 pm (2 years ago)

Just saw the sweet, sweet results of your experiment. I WANT THAT NOW!!

• rachelboller82
        November 9, 2012 at 4:37 pm (2 years ago)

OMG, they were AMAAAAZING! These have such a great texture! I’m obsessed!

6. Emily
    January 3, 2013 at 1:23 pm (2 years ago)

t for teaspoon or tablespoon? Sorry for being retarded.

January 3, 2013 at 2:20 pm (2 years ago)

teaspoon…no problem!

7. The DANO
    January 6, 2013 at 3:27 am (2 years ago)

My batter does not stay “liquify” it’s more like a thick batter… looks like a muffin batter haha… is this normal? thanks for the post!

January 6, 2013 at 7:19 am (2 years ago)

Yes, perfectly normal!

• The DANO
        January 7, 2013 at 7:18 am (2 years ago)

Well in that case, I didn’t do it wrong and I think this is the best protein pancakes I’ve ever had.. the title fits perfect for the recipe!

8. tara
    February 6, 2013 at 12:40 am (2 years ago)

Just wondering approx how much a “scoop” is – 1/2 cup/full cup/etc?

• tara
      February 6, 2013 at 12:40 am (2 years ago)

Sorry I mean, in the measuring cup system

February 6, 2013 at 6:27 am (2 years ago)

About 1/3 cup

9. zosia
    February 13, 2013 at 4:17 pm (2 years ago)

i really hate when people do this…”one scoop”…
    we don’t all use the same products, so what is one scoop for you isn’t necessarily one scoop for me!
    grrrrrrrrrr

10. Jen
    February 22, 2013 at 10:18 am (2 years ago)

Having trouble! I’m waiting ’til they bubble like traditional pancakes (how else do you tell they’re brown on the bottom?). But when I try to flip, they’re definitely brown on the underside but totally fall apart. Help! :)

• Jen
      February 22, 2013 at 10:21 am (2 years ago)

p.s. I did wait the 2-3 min per side, and I’m using non-stick Calphalon.

11. Jen
    February 22, 2013 at 10:23 am (2 years ago)

OK just kidding – they’re working now. I think my pan was too hot. (I’ve always botched the first batch of pancakes!)

12. Mtview
    March 18, 2013 at 12:19 pm (2 years ago)

I just made this and it was delish. However I was only to make 3 tiny pancakes with the batter. Does that sound right?

March 18, 2013 at 12:57 pm (2 years ago)

He serving size is fairly small, yes…you can always double it!

• Mtview
        March 19, 2013 at 2:55 am (2 years ago)

Will definitely double it next time. It was like a pre-breakfast lol!

13. Divya
    March 19, 2013 at 12:22 pm (2 years ago)

Seriously the best effing protein pancakes ever! I added 1T almond meal, cinnamon and chocolate whey to the batter, and topped it off with strawberries and flaked almonds. YUM!

14. calgarymom
    March 28, 2013 at 9:20 am (1 year ago)

These sound delicious! Just wondering if you could sub the banana for something else? Avoiding high sugar fruits
    Thanks

March 28, 2013 at 10:57 am (1 year ago)

Sure! 1 cup of any other puree, like pumpkin or applesauce, might work well

15. calgarymom
    March 28, 2013 at 11:05 am (1 year ago)

I’ll try the pumpkin – thanks :)

16. Katherine Cicchetti
    May 28, 2013 at 2:10 pm (1 year ago)

Could you substitute chia flour for ground flax? I already have it on hand….and you said “one scoop” is about 1/3 cup? My scoop is much smaller…I should use more than 1 probably!

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on The Best Effing Protein Pancakes I’ve Ever Had

1. [...] I have been having hard core breakfast cravings. Like, all day. I found an amazing paleo recipe for protein pancakes on TGIPaleo’s blog that I altered just a hint to make them peanut butter chocolate and holy [...]

2. [...] out exactly the same diet. Basically the Stone Age ancestors. It’s been confirmed through the study of various hunter-gatherers. The Paleo diet is going to be some of the beginning to rehearse [...]

3. […] of a lot.  And I’m always searching for that something special, and for the longest time, I thought I had it. Yeah, well…I guess you could say I left my old flame for a younger, fresher, fluffier […]