As soon as I saw this recipe pop up in my Facebook feed, I hopped on the bandwagon. I mean, who DOESN’T need something wholesome to eat in between Halloween candy binges? (Oh, Reese’s Pumpkins…you are my nemises…) Buuuuuut when I went shopping my TJ’s didn’t have any beets or sunflower seeds (seriously, WTF?), so I kinda just grabbed anything and everything I thought would taste good together.
Here’s my own riff on this salad, and it’s pretty damn good. Filling, so healthy it hurts, and a great way to change up my daily Big Ass Salad. I’ve had this every single day for lunch this week with some chicken and it’s so much more fun than spinach and tomato. Plus, you know, it’s got superfoods in it. Kale and cabbage and apple cider vinegar, OH MY!
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4-6 cups shredded kale
- ½ c fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ c RAW almond butter
- 2 T fresh grated ginger
- ¼ c apple cider vinegar
- Toss the cabbage, carrots, kale, and cilantro in a big salad bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, almond butter, ginger, and vinegar.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge.