Ok, this one may be a little cliche. We’ve long since passed the point where people figured out how to make their own Larabars…got it.
But (according to my husband, at least) these are the best he’s had, homemade or no. As a guy who, working construction, subsists on a diet of trail mix, larabars, and Justin’s nut butter packs…I think I’ll take that as a compliment.
- 1 c dates, firmly packed
- ¾ c raw cashews
- ⅓ c raw pecans
- ¼ c raisins
- 1 T coconut oil, melted
- 3 T ground flax
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t apple pie spice
- Give the raisins a rough chop, either by hand or with a few pulses of the food processor. Trust me. It gets the raisin-y flavor to the whole bar.
- Place the cashews and pecans in a food processor. Pulse until you have a meal the consistency of sand.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the raisins and pulse until it forms a smooth ball. Add a teaspoon or two of water if it doesn't come together after a few minutes.
- Add the raisins and pulse a few times until they're evenly distributed.
- Using your hands, press into a parchment lined dish or baking pan.
- Refrigerate for about an hour, then remove. Cut into bars and enjoy!