When you work Saturdays, you need to make sure your morning has a little extra oomph to get you going.
These are kind of the lovechild of my favorite big-ass pancake recipe and my old favorite banana pancakes…super quick to throw together and really, really flavorful and moist. Since the main complaint following a lot of Paleo pancake recipes is the dryness, I’d say this is a huge win.
As I mentioned in my original pancake post…there’s an art to making a good pancake when you’re not using grain-based flours. Make sure to use plenty of butter or coconut oil to fry them in since sticking is the number one destroyer of a good breakfast. Also, and I cannot stress this enough…be patient! They need at least 2-3 minutes over medium heat before they’re flip-able. Wait to see bubbles, and then keep an eye out for the edges to cook a bit. But trust me when I tell you it’s worth the wait!
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 T coconut flour
- 2 T non-dairy milk
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t apple cider vinegar
- splash of vanilla extract
- Beat the eggs with the banana, milk, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the coconut flour and whisk until the batter thickens.
- Add the vinegar, mixing well, and let batter stand for a minute while the griddle heats up.
- Fry in butter or coconut oil (my personal fave) over medium heat for about 2-3 minute per side. *Be Patient!!*