I happily anticipate the day when I can host my first Thanksgiving dinner…may be a while thanks to the enormity of my good Catholic family and the smallness of my house, but as soon as hubs and I can afford our first mansion on the beach, I’ll be all over it. For now, I’m happy being the one who shows up with a shopping bag full of tupperware so I can relive the magic for days to come.
I really can’t take credit for throwing a bunch of leftovers together in a pile and calling it original–even though Thanksgiving leftover mashups are the single best meals of the year. But this is most certainly not another post-Turkey Day sandwich or grilled cheese. That would be too predictable.
This pile of goodness comes to you layered sky high on a tortilla and bathed in melted brie.
Leave it to me to take the most quintessentially American meal and make it…you know…ethnic.
No matter what you happened to save from dinner–and if you’ve got any fun additions please let us all know!–these are crazy good. I honestly don’t think you could put anything on a tortilla and smother it in gravy and cheese and have it not be good, do you? Even then…just add more cheese.
- mashed potatoes and/or yams
- cranberry sauce
- salad greens/green bean casserole
- any other leftover goodies you’d like
- Reheat leftovers if desired.
- Make a nice little pile of leftovers on each tortilla, layering the dryer stuff first and the wet stuff last.
- Top with slices of brie. If using cold leftovers, toss the tacos under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Roll up and enjoy!