I actually did these in like, 25 minutes. No big deal. I was hungry, whatever.
It’s been quite a while since I’ve had any “fast food.” I don’t like gutting myself with commercially fried crap. God, I’m such a snob. But seriously. I grew up on McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets and Coke and French Fries done up in rancid peanut oil…I think my body is still purging 22 years of crap from its delicate little system. Did you know there’s more than 20 ingredients in a Chicken Nugget? That’s bananas. Mom, I love you…but really?! It’s OK. These ones here have like, FIVE ingredients. Well, more than that if you count “salt and pepper to taste”–whatever…maybe you don’t even use salt and pepper!!–oh, and dipping sauces and stuff. I went all European with grainy mustard and mayo–but you could go all retro and do honey or BBQ sauce, too.
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 c Almond Meal (or other ground nuts…macadamias would be heavenly!)
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/4 t Nutmeg
- 1/2 t Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- C’mon…let’s race! Can you beat 25 minutes?!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pat your chicken dry with paper towels.
- Place the beaten eggs in a bowl next to the chicken.
- In another bowl or dish, mix up the almond meal and seasonings.
- Slice the chicken into strips about 1/2 inch wide.
- One by one, dip the chicken strips into the beaten egg, then into the almond meal mixture. Shake off the excess and arrange strips on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.