My camera has been MIA for a few weeks…and then last night my phone decided to walk off, too. Cue the iPad photos.
So this one was kind of a last minute thing, as my cooking endeavors so often are these days. We’ve got finals next week and to say I’m just strung out would be a major compliment. My daily routine for the last 10 days has pretty much been “wake up drink coffee go to library drink coffee study all day drink coffee come home collapse into catatonic heap on the couch and fall asleep watching reruns of Parks and Rec.” Winning.
This is a great dinner on those days you don’t really want to cook but maybe, just maybe, want to have something that resembles “real food.” I’ve been eating waaaaaaaay too many baked potatoes…with pickles straight from the jar…and spoonfuls of almond butter…yeah. Sometimes it’s nice just to eat off a plate, you know?
- 2 large, bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (or 1/2 t garlic powder)
- 2 T olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Place pork chops in a dish.
- Pour vinegar on the chops and add oil and seasoning.
- flip a couple times to coat.
- Cover and marinate at least an hour (I left it in the fridge all day while I was at school).
- Heat a grill pan (or heavy skillet) over medium high heat with a little olive oil.
- Cook on each side for about 4-6 minutes, until juices run clear.
- Steam some veggies on the side. Consume with utensils. Fell all grown up.