We have not stopped eating this stuff since last Friday. For real. Tastes like the real thing, I swear. All that without the talking dog.
Again, I have to blame this on my mid-winter barbecue kick. I mean, really, what is up with that?? Then again, it’s been the initiation of a few truly spectacular recipes already, so I guess I can’t complain. All while cutting out sugar, to boot. I know, right?!
This recipe calls for my amazeballs BBQ Sauce…recipe can be found here!
- 1 large butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 recipe Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce (link above)
- 4 slices bacon, cut into lardons
- 2-3 T olive oil
- Place the butternut squash cubes on a baking pan and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, stirring around about halfway through.
- While the squash is baking, brown the bacon in a saucepan or skillet.
- Add the BBQ Sauce and reduce the heat to medium low. Stir to incorporate the bacon, then cover and simmer while the squash finishes up.
- Remove the squash from the oven and transfer to the pot/pan with the BBQ sauce.
- Stir to coat and give it a rough mash with a whisk.
- Serve immediately.