I spent like 2 minutes typing and re-typing the title to this post. Not because I didn’t know what to call it, but because I kept writing “TAOST.” Smart. Real smart.
So, I thought I was the last person ever to get on the Avocado Toast Bandwagon because, you know, toast isn’t exactly my thing anymore. Apparently I was wrong…my sweet husband thought guacamole on bread sounded awful. Whatever. Don’t listen. I’m telling you that the act of smashing an avocado and putting it on toast is freaking awesome even if a little vexing…why did this take so long to become a thing? WHY??
Try this with bacon and eggs, goat cheese (YES), or even sliced fruit (this avocado and grapefruit combo is stunningly addictive)…or whatever. There’s a lot that goes well with creamy mashed avocado and so little that doesn’t.
My little coconut flour pancake concoction is good for soooooooo much more than boring old pancakes.
- 2 eggs
- 2 T coconut flour
- 2 T coconut or almond milk
- ½ avocado
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Whisk together the eggs, coconut flour, and coconut milk until no lumps remain.
- Pour all of the batter onto a greased skillet and cook for 3 mins on each side over medium heat. These pancakes can be made in advance and toasted, too!
- While pancake/toast is cooking, mash the avocado with the salt and pepper.
- Spread the avocado over the finished pancake.
- Garnish as desired.