…without peanut butter. Obviously. Fair warning: I think these are great when made with sunflower seed butter, but they’ll be green. No joke. Chemistry wins again. So I just used chunky almond butter.
I used my Roasted Strawberry Jam in these but any Paleo-friendly (or not…I won’t tell) jelly or jam is fine!
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 1/2 c almond butter (or any nut butter…or coconut butter for nut free)
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t vanilla
- pinch salt
- About 1/2 c or so of jelly or jam
- Combine all your dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs with the cashew butter and vanilla. Stir in the applesauce.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine.
- Spoon into your lined cupcake tins to about 1/2 full.
- use a spoon to make a little well in the batter and place a teaspoon or two of jelly inside. Top with a little more batter, ensuring that no jelly peeks out.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top.
- Makes 1 dozen muffins.